If you’re planting new trees on your property, make sure to check the following safety tips.
- Locate overhead powerlines.
- Locate underground powerlines prior to digging or excaving to plant trees by contacting Lakeland Power to identify its undergound powerlines.
- ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT : minimum clearance when planting near pad mounted equipment.
- TRANSFORMERS: 3 meters is required in front of the door(s) and 1.5 meters on the sides and back.
- SWITCHGEAR: 3 meters is required in the front and back doors, and 1.5 meters on the sides.
- Check municipal, regional and township by-laws for specifications.
- Check with Lakeland Power for its planting requirements under or around overhead powerlines and electrical equipment, including underground powerlines.
- Check with Lakeland Power to identify easements that might apply.